Fire authorities in Gallatin, Tennessee, are blaming an electrical connection for a fire that killed nearly a dozen horses residing in a boarding barn.

Gallatin Deputy Fire Marshal Stan Gwaltney said firefighters responded to fire at the Lead Me On Farm on Nov. 28. Eleven horses were in the barn at the time of the blaze.

“The barn boarded horses, did training, and gave riding lessons,” Gwaltney said. “The (animals) ranged from ponies to (larger) horses.”

All perished in the fire, he said.

Gwaltney said investigators determined that the fire began in the barn’s tack room, where an electrical connector was located. A small amount of feed was also stored in the tack room, he said.

Barn owner Carla Hurley was unavailable for comment.