Poll Recap: Fly Masked-Marauders

Of the 661 respondents, 466 (70%) said their horses wear fly masks regularly during the spring and summer.
Share
Favorite
Close

No account yet? Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Flies. Gnats. Mosquitoes. These pesky flying insects and their cohorts can be an unwelcome sight on any farm and can drive horses and their owners crazy. In last week’s online poll, we asked our readers if they regularly employ a fly mask during the spring and summer to keep these tiny terrors out of their horses faces. More than 650 people responded, and we’ve tallied the results.

Of the 661 respondents, 466 (70%) said their horses regularly wear fly masks during the spring and summer.   The remaining 195 (30%) respondents’ horses do not.

TheHorse.com is home to thousands of free articles about horse health care. In order to access some of our exclusive free content, you must be signed into TheHorse.com.

Start your free account today!

Already have an account?
and continue reading.

Share

Written by:

Jennifer Whittle, TheHorse.com Web Producer, is a lifelong horse owner who competes with her Appaloosas in Western performance events. She is a University of Kentucky graduate and holds a bachelor’s degree in Community Communications and Leadership Development, and master’s degree in Career, Technical, and Leadership Education. She currently lives on a small farm in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.

Related Articles

Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with

FREE weekly newsletters from TheHorse.com

Sponsored Content

Weekly Poll

sponsored by:

When do you vaccinate your horse?
306 votes · 306 answers

Readers’ Most Popular

Sign In

Don’t have an account? Register for a FREE account here.

Need to update your account?

You need to be logged in to fill out this form

Create a free account with TheHorse.com!