Poll Recap: Horses Learning From Each Other

The majority of respondents said they’ve used more experienced horses to help inexperienced ones through new situations.
Share
Favorite
Close

No account yet? Register

ADVERTISEMENT

From stepping on the trailer for the first time to tackling new obstacles on trails, there’s always something new and scary that a younger, inexperieced horse has to learn. Results from a recent study showed that naive horses that watched an experienced horse perform a scary task reacted less fearfully when it was their turn.

Have you ever used an older, more experienced horse to help inexperienced ones through a new situation? We posed this question to our readers in last week’s online poll. Five hundred people responded, and we’ve tallied the results!

Of the 500 respondents, 474 (95%) said they have used an older, more experienced horse to help an inexperienced horse through a new situation. The remaining 26 respondents (5%) said they have not

Create a free account with TheHorse.com to view this content.

TheHorse.com is home to thousands of free articles about horse health care. In order to access some of our exclusive free content, you must be signed into TheHorse.com.

Start your free account today!

Already have an account?
and continue reading.

Share

Written by:

Jennifer Whittle, TheHorse.com Web Producer, is a lifelong horse owner who competes with her Appaloosas in Western performance events. She is a University of Kentucky graduate and holds a bachelor’s degree in Community Communications and Leadership Development, and master’s degree in Career, Technical, and Leadership Education. She currently lives on a small farm in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.

Related Articles

Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with

FREE weekly newsletters from TheHorse.com

Sponsored Content

Weekly Poll

sponsored by:

When do you begin to prepare/stock up on products/purchase products for these skin issues?
122 votes · 122 answers

Readers’ Most Popular

Sign In

Don’t have an account? Register for a FREE account here.

Need to update your account?

You need to be logged in to fill out this form

Create a free account with TheHorse.com!