The Association of Racing Commissioners International (RCI) has updated its Uniform Classification Guidelines for Foreign Substances and Recommended Penalties and Model Rule Update.
The most current version of this document is Version 8.00, which has a release date of December 2014.
The following changes include:
- Updates of the recommended penalties section for ketoprofen to comply with the RCI Controlled Therapeutic Medication Schedule. The changes update the threshold levels for the Class 4, Penalty Class C for the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- An assigned penalty recommendation for the NSAID alclofenac of Class A.
- Updates of the penalty recommendation for firocoxib to comply with the RCI Controlled Therapeutic Medication Schedule. On the penalty schedule the NSAID moves from Class B to the less harsh Class C.
- The addition of the amphetamine aminorex to document to avoid confusion. Note this does not change RCI policy since all Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Schedule 1 substances are automatically a Class 1, Penalty A substance in the Uniform Classification Guidelines.
- Technical corrections and spelling errors were corrected for 10 other substances or areas of the document.
A complete list of the changes can be found in the "Recent Document Revisions" section of the document, which begins on Page 31. The new version of the document is available online.