More than 1,300 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, “Have horses close to you experienced EPM?”
Results were as follows:
- Yes, I owned a horse with EPM: 37.80% (502)
- Yes, a friend owned an EPM horse: 28.39% (377)
- Yes, there have been many cases around me: 26.28% (349)
- No: 7.53% (100)
All comments submitted by poll respondents are listed below.
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- Indy is 5 mo post diagnosis & 3 mo post treatment. Not recovered yet. Small setbacks w/stress. 3+1-
- yes i own a barrel horse that had epm i am happy to say he recovered wonderfully
- sadly mine lost the fight. it was in 97, before Marquis and before the Godsend that is the EPM list
- he recovered to be ridable but not as an eventer
- Came on after castration of a 3 YO. Treated very early on, before blood test results, with Marquis.
- Pepper had EPM 10 years ago, recovered, but has problems with lifting left hi