Blister Beetles

Blister Beetles naturally contain and secrete a chemical substance called cantharidin, which is extremely toxic to horses. Dr. Sarah Reuss lists the dangers of blister beetles and what horse owners can do to prevent their horse from ingesting them.
Share
Favorite
Close

No account yet? Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Download MP3
Blister Beetles naturally contain and secrete a chemical substance called cantharidin, which is extremely toxic to horses. Dr. Sarah Reuss lists the dangers of blister beetles and what horse owners can do to prevent their horse from ingesting them.Blister Beetles naturally contain and secrete a chemical substance called cantharidin, which is extremely toxic to horses. Dr. Sarah Reuss lists the dangers of blister beetles and what horse owners can do to prevent their horse from ingesting them.3/28/2014 14:00

Share

Written by:

Sarah Reuss, VMD, Dipl. ACVIM, is a clinical assistant professor and large animal internal medicine service chief at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. Her clinical interests include all aspects of large animal medicine, with a focus in neonatology, critical care medicine, and Rhodococcus equi in foals.

Related Articles

Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with

FREE weekly newsletters from TheHorse.com

Sponsored Content

Weekly Poll

sponsored by:

When do you vaccinate your horse?
401 votes · 401 answers

Readers’ Most Popular

Sign In

Don’t have an account? Register for a FREE account here.

Need to update your account?

You need to be logged in to fill out this form

Create a free account with TheHorse.com!