Poll Recap: Drylots for Horses

Of the 579 respondents, 443 (77%) said they use drylots to help manage their horses’ weight.
Share
Favorite
Close

No account yet? Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Is your horse an easy keeper? Does he seem to gain weight just by looking at a lush green pasture? For some horses, packing on the pounds isn’t an issue. Keeping them at a healthy weight, however, tends to take some effort. In some instances, a dry lot (paddock without grass) can be beneficial to them.

In last week’s poll, we asked our readers if they have a dry lot on their property to help manage their horses’ weights during the spring and summer. More than 550 people responded, and we’ve tallied the results!

Of the 579 respondents, 443 (77%) said they do have a dry lot they utilize during the spring and summer, while the remaining 136 respondents (23%) said they do not

Create a free account with TheHorse.com to view this content.

TheHorse.com is home to thousands of free articles about horse health care. In order to access some of our exclusive free content, you must be signed into TheHorse.com.

Start your free account today!

Already have an account?
and continue reading.

Share

Written by:

Jennifer Whittle, TheHorse.com Web Producer, is a lifelong horse owner who competes with her Appaloosas in Western performance events. She is a University of Kentucky graduate and holds a bachelor’s degree in Community Communications and Leadership Development, and master’s degree in Career, Technical, and Leadership Education. She currently lives on a small farm in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky.

Related Articles

Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with

FREE weekly newsletters from TheHorse.com

Sponsored Content

Weekly Poll

sponsored by:

What lameness issues has your horse experienced? Select all that apply.
253 votes · 506 answers

Readers’ Most Popular

Sign In

Don’t have an account? Register for a FREE account here.

Need to update your account?

You need to be logged in to fill out this form

Create a free account with TheHorse.com!