Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue (TLAER) will be hosting a large animal emergency rescue awareness course at the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Oct. 22-23.
The two-day course will cover a variety of topics pertaining to large animal emergency rescue including, but not limited to:
- Basic concepts in large animal emergency rescue;
- Roles of the veterinarian, owner, emergency responders and animal control in emergency Rescue;
- Overview of facility evacuation planning for emergencies and disasters;
- Prevention and mitigation of fire scenarios (such as barn fires, wild fires, and trailer fires);
- Access into horse trailers and confined spaces in TLAER; and
- What not to do in TLAER (a review of live rescues).
The cost is $40 per attendee and reservations must be made by Sept. 16. Lunch and refreshments are included in the program fee. A registration form is available online.