Broodmare and stallion owners invest a great deal of effort, time, and money in producing foals. To provide the best possible care for mare and foal and get the most out of this investment, breeders must work closely with their veterinarians, carefully monitor and manage the health of mares and foals, offer any help that’s needed during foaling, and provide the care young foals need for the best possible start in life.
To help breeders make the right decisions for their mares and foals, TheHorse.com will present a webinar on late-term mare care, foaling, and newborn/young foal care on Dec. 15, 8-9 p.m. Eastern U.S. time (brought to you by Merck Animal Health). In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to estimate the mare’s due date and monitor the mare for impending foaling;
- What vaccinations and other care the late-term pregnant mare needs to deliver a healthy foal;
- How to tell if the mare might need assistance during foaling;
- What problems to watch out for in the newborn foal; and
- How to help the newborn get the healthiest possible start in life.
This session will be presented by: