Register Now for UK Equine Showcase, Breeders’ Short Course
Registration closes Feb. 1 for the University of Kentucky (UK) Ag Equine Programs’ Equine Showcase and the 5th Annual Kentucky Breeders’ Short Course, both to be held at the Four Points Sheraton, 1938 Stanton Way, in Lexington.
The UK Equine Showcase, now in its third year, will highlight the university’s current equine programs and relevant industry findings. It will run from 1-5 p.m. Feb. 7, with a light reception following.
Topics for the UK Equine Showcase include:
- Equine Cushing’s disease in the aged horse
- Is your horse fat? There’s an app for that!
- The Kentucky Horse Racing Necropsy Program: for the health and welfare of horses, humans, and the racing industry
- The economic impact of Kentucky’s equine industry
- Stem cells for equine tissue regeneration
- Age-related susceptibility of foals to Rhodococcus equi
- Genetics, health, and performance
- Why did my performance horse test positive for prohibited substances?
The 5th Annual Kentucky Breeders’ Short Course is an in-depth program on equine reproduction and horse management issues from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 8, with lunch
Create a free account with TheHorse.com to view this content.
Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with