More than 390 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, "Which West Nile virus vaccine did your veterinarian use this spring?"
Results were as follows:
- I am not sure: 32.07%
- West Nile Innovator: 27.78%
- My horse was not vaccinated against West Nile virus this spring: 15.66%
- Prestige V + WNV: 11.87%
- Vetera: 6.57%
- Recombitek: 4.80%
- Other: 1.26%
Readers shared which West Nile virus vaccines their veterinarians use in the comments below.
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- Though our state veterinarian recommends W Nile vaccination, we have low mosquito population.
- fort dodge WNV, EEE WEE, tetnus. I gave, not the vet
- Australia luckily does’t have WN virus…