If you were to load up your horse and go camping this weekend, what equipment would you prefer to have? Are you the type of person who likes to sleep in a tent under the stars, or would you rather spend your evening in a camper or horse trailer with living quarters?
We posed this question to our readers in last week’s online poll. More than 650 people responded, and we’ve tallied the results!
Of the 669 respondents, 415 (62%) said they would choose a living-quarters horse trailer for camping, while 122 (18%) said they would prefer a camper with a horse trailer. Another 81 individuals (12%) indicated they would choose a horse trailer and a tent, and the remaining 51 readers (8%) had other preferences.
Additionally, more than 60 people commented on their horse camping preferences:
[image imageid="6325" includeTitle="false" includeSummary="false"][/image]
Several people commented that they would prefer to have a horse trailer with living quarters:
- “My trailer has small living quarters, but it’s perfect for all my needs.”
- “A barn for my horse and living quarters with shower for me.”
- “If wishes were horses, and dreams were a trailer—living quarters hands down!”
- “We have a living-quarters trailer to stay in at shows and when camping.”
- “We started off in a tent. Over the years we’ve moved up to full living-quarters and love it!”
- “I’d take a horse tr