The University of Kentucky Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (UKVDL) will have modified hours and a slightly altered testing schedule for the upcoming holidays. The laboratory will be closed Nov. 24 (Thanksgiving), Dec. 25 (Christmas), and Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day).
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, Nov. 24||CLOSED|
|Friday, Nov. 25||*9:00 – Noon|
|Saturday, Nov. 26||*9:00 – Noon|
|Sunday, Nov. 27||*1:00 – 5:00|
|Christmas||Saturday, Dec. 24||*9:00 – Noon|
|Sunday, Dec. 25||CLOSED|
|Monday, Dec. 26||*9:00 – Noon|
|New Year’s||Saturday, Dec. 31||*9:00 – Noon|
|Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017||CLOSED|
|Monday, Jan. 2, 2017||*9:00 – Noon|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, Jan. 16, 2017||*9:00 – Noon|
* Open to receive animals for necropsy and specimens only, no test results available.
There are also several dates to keep in mind as some testing schedules have been altered:
- No diagnostic, regulatory, or export tests will be set up on Nov. 25. Please plan your specimen collection times accordingly, especially for export cases.
- During the week of Thanksgiving, the UKVDL will only set VS-VN tests on Nov. 21.
- EVA-VN and VS-VN tests will not be set on Dec. 23 or Dec. 30. Instead, EVA-VN tests will be set on Dec. 20, 27, and Jan. 3 and VS-VN tests will be set on Dec. 21, 28, and Jan. 4.
- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, if serology testing results are needed pri