AAEP Foundation, Markel Award Scholarships to Vet Students
Eight exceptional veterinary students committed to careers in equine medicine received $2,500 scholarships from the American Association of Equine Practitioners Foundation and Markel during the AAEP’s 59th Annual Convention’s Student Luncheon, which took place Dec. 8 in Nashville, Tenn.
Now in its 25th year, the annual scholarship program awards financial support to fourth-year veterinary students who are proven leaders at their veterinary schools, advocates for equine welfare, and academic achievers. Since inception of the program in 1989, 178 veterinary students have received more than $380,000 in scholarship support.
Congratulations to the following 2013 recipients:
- Rosemary Bayless, Kansas State University
- Rebecca Gilday, Western CVM, University of Saskatchewan
- Christine Jones, The Ohio State University
- Kathryn Livesey, University of Wisconsin
- Elise Madara, Louisiana State University
- Kelly McGowan, University of Florida
- Joseph Pluhar, Texas A&M University
- Kami Vickerman, University of Minnesota
“Markel’s longstanding support of these scholarship opportunities underscores the company’s leadership and commitment to the equine industry, the veterinary profession and students,” said AAEP Foundation Chairman Wayne McIlwraith, BVSc, PhD, DSc, FRCVS, Dipl. ACVS, ACVSMR. “These scholarships will help each of this year’s recipients fulfill their goals within the equine veterinary
Create a free account with TheHorse.com to view this content.
Stay on top of the most recent Horse Health news with