Organizers of the 2013 International Equine Conference on Laminitis and Diseases of the Foot, taking place Nov. 1-3 in West Palm Beach, Fla., have announced that this year’s event will include new features, including a horse owners program.
The owners program is an interactive concentrated half-day program designed to focus on the horse wellness and to provide owners, trainers, and barn managers an opportunity to talk to a panel of world-renowned experts about a variety of topics.
The laminitis conference’s mission is to engage veterinarians, farriers, caretakers, and the greater equine community in a collaborative effort to advance, expand, and disseminate knowledge through research and collective experiences to effectively prevent and treat equine laminitis and diseases of the foot. This year’s conference will include:
- Presentations on the latest research and scientific information on laminitis;
- A clinical focus of moving from the laboratory to the horse;
- Attendee poster session for the "sharing" of new ideas for future innovations;
- Scholarships and competitive poster program for the next generation of veterinarians from veterinary medicine colleges across North America and around the world;
- A dedicated foot segment for farriers, veterinarians, and others interested in the current trends and treatment of foot problems; and
- The in-depth program for horse owners, managers, trainers, and technicians.
For more information and to register, visit http://laminitisconference.com/.