More than 290 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, "How much would you pay for a platelet-rich plasma treatment for your horse?"
Results were as follows:
- I’ve never used it on my horse: 71.67%
- Less than $400: 8.87%
- $400-600: 8.53%
- More than $800: 6.48%
- 600-$800: 4.44%
Readers shared their thoughts on using platelet-rich plasma with their horses in the comments below.
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- what’s the purpose?
- Look into it but was discouraged because the tendon injury was old
- don’t know about this treatment
- Our vet used this to treat an eye injury.
- the kits cost vet $380 plus the expertise and time to administer -well worth $800
- Just because y