More than 400 readers of TheHorse.com responded to a poll asking, "What are your experiences with compounded equine medications?"
Results were as follows:
- I have given my horse a compounded medication: 50.87%
- I have never used a compounded medication for my horse: 36.23%
- I have talked with my veterinarian (or vice versa) about compounded medications: 15.38%
- I don’t know what "compounded" means: 2.66%
(Multiple selections allowed)
Readers shared their thoughts on compounded medications in the comments below.
Results of weekly polls from TheHorse.com are published in The Horse Health E-Newsletter. Published every week, this e-newsletter offers news on diseases, veterinary research, health events, and in-depth articles on common equine health conditions and what you can do to recognize, avoid, or treat them. Sign up for our e-newsletters using the form above or on our e-newsletter page.
Look for a new poll on TheHorse.com every week!
- Availability is in question.
- My compounding pharmacy serves many animal paitents.
- I prefer to trust commercially-formulated medications.