If you had to go out and load your horse into a trailer right now, would he comply on the first try? Or would you have to spend several minutes, maybe even hours, trying to convince him to step into the box on wheels?

We posed this question to our readers in last week’s online poll. More than 900 people responded, and we’ve tallied the results.

Of the 901 respondents, 703 (78%) said they are confident that their horse would hop into the trailer on the first try. The remaining 198 respondents (22%) said they aren’t confident that their horse would load right off the bat.

Additionally, more than 250 people provided details about their horse’s trailer loading behavior. Here are a few of their comments:

[image imageid="6225" includeTitle="false" includeSummary="false"][/image]

Many respondents said their horses are easy to load onto the trailer, and some are even eager to travel:

  • “If the door is open, she gets on by herself and goes to sleep in it. All three load well.”
  • “Absolutely yes! Open the door and release the beast. He gallops up to the door and loads himself!”
  • “She’s been loaded regularly since she was three days old.”
  • “My horse loves to go on field trips! Last time out he dragged me into the trailer!”
  • “Both of my horses are seasoned travelers and never hesitate to hop on the trailer!”
  • “My four horses all self-load without the slightest he